Monday, February 22, 2010

Nostalgia

Here is the link to an article about some former employers of mine who I worked for doing character design about 10 or 11 years ago. I learned a lot working for them - mostly that I didn't know much about computer animation (I was admittedly in a little over my head) but they were great to work for and I DID learn a bit about Flash animation as a result. At the time they were set up in the old elementary school in Miami, Manitoba - oddly their office was located in the same classroom that I attended Kindergarten in. It was strange to get up in the morning and go to work in the same room I learned how to count and do my ABC's in, let me tell you! The job holds fond memories for another reason too. I had the opportunity to live with my dad and spend loads of quality time with him before he passed away a few years later. My dad was an artist and he always enjoyed showing me what he was working on in his studio. I had a car at the time, but he would often drive me to work and pick me up again, CBC radio blaring loudly as rumbled down the gravel roads leaving a big cloud of dust behind us.

No comments: